- This site is managed and maintained by Nutricia International Private Limited and/ or a third party, who is duly appointed by Nutricia International Private Limited for the purposes of managing the site (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Nutricia”) for HCPs, including but not limited, for information, knowledge, education and communication purposes.
- The visitor to the site must be a healthcare professional to register and access and use this site. Nutricia reserves the right to deny access to any visitor not meeting the above criteria.
- The visitor hereby agrees to use this site at his / her own discretion.
- While Nutricia makes a reasonable attempt to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information posted on this site, neither site nor Nutricia, or any other party involved in creating, producing or posting or uploading or delivering or so,any material or information on site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of visitor’saccess to, or use of, or visitor’s action relying on the basis of any material or information posted on the site. This includes damages to, or viruses that may infect visitor’s computer or equipment. Without limiting the foregoing everything on the site is provided to the visitor on 'as is' basis without any warranties, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement
- A variety of information, advice, suggestions, recommendations, letters, messages, comments, posts, text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, data and other materials (Contents) is available on the site. The Content shall include contents provided by Nutricia and Contents provided by the Users/visitorsuch as user/visitor opinions and views etc. provided through posts to future discussion forums.
The Intellectual Property in the contents provided by Nutricia shall belong or licensed to Nutricia. The visitor may download materials for his/her personal, professional or non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. Professional use is restricted to activities that support visitor’s occupational role as a health care professional. The copying, using, redistribution, re-posting, publication, adaptation or alteration of any part of this site for any public or commercial purposes is prohibited without written prior permission from Nutricia.
The Contents provided by users / visitors are exclusive to Nutricia and thus Nutricia is no way responsible for contents provide by users / visitor. Nutricia, vide this website, is just providing a platform for making the information available to users/visitors of this site and is not in any way responsible in any manner to any person for any loss, damage or problem faced by them by virtue of acting on the information provided by users / visitors.
Nutricia shall endeavour to keep the all contents (including provided by Nutricia and by users/visitors) accurate and complete. However Nutricia cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the accuracy, integrity, quality, completeness, timeliness, usage/publication rights etc. of the Contents whether provided by Nutricia or by Users/visitors.
- This site may contain links to other websites. Nutricia is not responsible, at any given point of time, directly or indirectly, for the contents of any other site. The inclusion of linksto other websites does not imply an endorsement by Nutricia of the contents on those websites. The visitor’s access to such other websites is at his/ her own risk. Conversely, providing a link to the site or hyperlinking to the site, in any manner, is not permitted without Nutricia’s written permission to that effect.
- We request visitors of this site, not to:
- Use abusive, indecent, offensive or unparliamentarily language while communicating, addressing, or accessing or otherwise, this site;
- Use aggressive or insulting language towards an individual, race or group, etc.
- Make statements that are defamatory or claims that are against an individual or company or class of people, or related to pornography, promote hatred or incite to violence or disorder.
- Spam our website with adverts about other products or anything that is for a commercial advantage
- Post multiple links about an organization, charity or a campaign
- Post a link to an external competition encouraging others to vote for you, your child or family
- Share information or content that is off-topic
- Upload files that contain viruses or may lead to security issues,
- Otherwise jeopardise the integrity of the websites.
- Act or omit in any form or manner, which may be harmful or pose a threat in functioning of the site.
The World Health Organization (WHO)* has recommended that pregnant women and new mothers be informed of the benefits and superiority of breastfeeding, in particular, the fact that it provides the best nutrition and protection from illness for babies. Mothers should be given guidance on the preparation for and maintenance of lactation, with special emphasis on the importance of the well-balanced diet both during pregnancy and after delivery. Unnecessary introduction of partial bottle feeding or other foods and drinks should be discouraged since it will have a negative effect on breastfeeding. Similarly, mothers should be warned of the difficulty of reversing a decision not to breastfeed. Before advising a mother to use an infant formula, she should be advised of the social and financial implications of her decision. For example, if a baby is exclusively bottle-fed, more than one can (500g) per week will be needed, so the family circumstances and cost should be kept in mind. The mother should be reminded that breast milk is not only the best but also the most economical food for babies. If a decision to use infant formula is taken, it is important to give instruction on correct preparation methods, emphasizing that unboiled water, unsterilized bottles or incorrect dilution can lead to illness.
*See: International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes, adopted by the World Health Assembly in Resolution WHA 34.22, May 1981. Immediately after delivery, breast milk is yellowish and sticky. This milk is called colostrum, which is secreted during the first week of delivery. Colostrum is more nutritious than mature milk because it contains more protein, more anti-infective properties which are of great importance for the infant’s defence against dangerous neo-natal infections. It also contains higher level of Vitamin “A”.
Is a complete and balanced food and provides all the nutrients needed by the infant (for the first six months of life)
Has anti-infective properties that protect the infants from infection in the early months
Is always available.
Needs no utensils or water (which might carry germs) or fuel for its preparation. Breastfeeding is much cheaper than feeding infant milk substitutes as the cost of extra food needed by the mother is negligible compared to the cost of feeding infant milk substitutes. Mothers who breastfeed usually have longer periods of infertility after childbirth than non-lactators.
Breastfeeding is the best form of nutrition for babies and provides many benefits to babies and mothers. It is important that, in preparation for and during breastfeeding, you eat a healthy, balanced diet. Combined breast and bottle-feeding in the first weeks of life may reduce the supply of your own breast-milk, and reversing the decision not to breastfeed is difficult.
Always consult your Healthcare Professional for advice about feeding your baby. The social and financial implications of using infant formula should be considered. Improper use of an infant formula or inappropriate foods or feeding methods may present a health hazard. If you use infant formula, you should follow manufacturer's instructions for use carefully - failure to follow the instructions may make your baby ill.
Our commitment to privacy
Nutricia respects visitor’s privacy and is committed to managing and protecting his/ her personal information in accordance with relevant and applicable privacy legislation in India protecting the rights of individuals.
Nutricia shall take all reasonable measures to keep visitor’s personal information private and secure. Only Nutricia’s authorized personnel or duly appointed third party (service provider) or third party’s authorized staff shall have access to visitor’s personal information.
- General information
Visitor may voluntarily provide first name, surname, address, email, phone number and occupation in case he/she wishes to access this site when you register for membership of this site. Visitor’s disclosure of personal information is important because it is utilized to present services that may suit visitor’s needs and interests. Once visitor completes the registration process successfully, the registered visitor will qualify for all privileges as a member (“member”). Should visitor’s private information be stolen, hacked, lost or damaged due to accident or by any means not attributable to Nutricia, Nutricia shall bear no liability for any damages incurred by the visitor.
Cookies are a small data file that will be collected in visitor’s web browser in order to track visiting information. So when visitor visitsthe site in future, the server may immediately recognize that visitor had visited the site before.
Cookies are not a program that will destroy any files in the computer, but are only used to track visiting information such as which pages visitors visit, at which pages visitors usually start and stop, and how frequently visitors visit the site, etc. Cookies are used exclusively to track the identity of the actual visitor, and shall only provide information with respect to prior usage of the site.
Cookies will not collect personal information such as names or email addresses. Nevertheless, if any visitor does not wish to have cookies, he/she may configure web browser accordingly to reject cookies.
Benefits of cookies:
(1) To collect visitor information and to customize services best suited to specific visitor’s needs. The cookies will start collecting information after a visitor logs in and enters a password and will stop collecting information when the visitor exits the website or logs out.
(2) To evaluate the number of visitors. Also different browsers will have different uses for cookies that can distinguish visitors as members or non-members. This information is useful for evaluating member’s interests, and the member’s Internet usage pattern.
(3) To check usage frequency or visiting pattern. These tracking cookies help us to understand the visitor's character and habits. Moreover, it will help Nutricia improve its services, contents, and educational activities offered on the site to best suit visitor’s specific needs.
- Member's information usage
The main objectives in collecting member's information is to offer those services that best suit individual members as they visit and use services from the site at no additional cost. We may occasionally send visitor updates vide e-mails to provide information about news, activities and services. If any visitor is not interested and do not wish to receive news and information, visitor may change his/her personal settings to suit his/her needs. All precautions have been taken on Nutricia database to store information in a secure environment and avoid accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
- Keeping member's private information
In case Nutricia requires additional personal information, Nutricia will request visitor for the same and on visitor’s consent and approval only collect such additional personal information. In cases when Nutricia needs to disclose visitor’s private information to a third party, except as provided herein, Nutricia will notify visitor of such disclosure in advance. Visitor shall have the right to approve or disapprove such disclosures.
In case the visitor denies or disapproves such disclosure then Nutricia does not guarantee provision of the services for which such additional personal information was requested for.
It shall be noted that in case visitor visits other websites, of which links are provided on the site, Nutricia shall not be responsible for any personal information collected by such websites.
- Exception to disclosure of personal information
In addition to the purposes mentioned here in above, Nutricia shall disclose visitor's personal information to third parties in the following circumstances, without visitor’s prior permission
5.1 Nutricia may disclose personal information to third parties associated with the site.
5.2 In some cases visitor may be offered information or updates from a third party.
Once visitor has accepted to receive such information or updates, visitor’s name and e-mail address may be disclosed.
5.3 The company may disclose personal information in following special cases. Nutricia may disclose information if requested by authorities under applicable laws, or for other purposes if Nutricia deems necessary in order to maintain and improve its services, or to respond to any legal claims or actions or to protect the rights of Nutricia or its customers and the public.
- Choices of members in information collection, usage and disclosure
If visitor do not wish to receive any news or information from Nutricia, please indicate in personal setting that visitor do not wish to receive any particular information. In addition, visitor may utilize username and password to amend and/or change information for certain promotional program. We may ask for your email address in order to update your information.
Therefore, you may receive automatic e-mails concerning information campaigns if you indicate your interest on registration.
Moreover, a visitor can change and/or amend cookies personally by changing his/her browser preferences to best suit these personal preferences. Visitor has the right to receive all cookies or refuse any cookies. In case visitor refuses all cookies, visitor may not be able to use certain information that requires specific registration.
Nutricia does not have a policy to sell or lease personal information to outsiders, unless this occurs beyond Nutricia’s control, in which circumstance Nutricia will inform you of the disclosure to another party prior to the disclosure, and in which case you have the right to refuse the request if you do not wish to disclose personal information. You can choose not to use those services or to participate in any other activities.
- Information amendment and deletion
Visitor can amend, update, and adjust personal information by personally using his/her username and password anytime he/she wishes
If you forget your login name and password you may go to the main page or member registration page and click on "Forgotten Password." The program will bring you to the "Forgotten Password" page. You will need to type in the email address used in registration, and the program will send your login name and password to your registered email address automatically.
- Caution about information lost, used inappropriately and information amendment
All visitors must have a personal password to access their personal information, so that only that visitor can access his/her personal data. Visitor may amend, update, and adjust his/her personal information by using his/her login name and password. Nutricia strongly suggests that visitor keeps login name and password secret. Nutricia will not ask for your password, via telephone or email. If visitor shares a computer with others, please log out every time from the site, when site is no longer used or close browser when finished in order to prevent others from using information. It is understood that sending information over the Internet is not 100% secured. Therefore, in this regard, Nutricia cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet in any case, whether on data inflow to Nutricia or outflow from Nutricia back to the visitor. However, Nutricia will do its best to secure all information flow over the Internet.
- Other issues
Be careful when disclosing personal information while online such as when using message board, chat room and email. This information may be collected and used by another party. Therefore, visitor must keep your personal information and password secret.