The terms growth and development are often used interchangeably ,however both are different. Growth refers to an increase in size( height , weight , length , etc. ) while Development refers to change in form , structure and shape. They are inseparable and go on simultaneously.1.
Growth Facts in Infancy2
Birth Weight :
- Average birth weight of new - borns is 3 kg .
- Birth Weight doubles by 6 months .
- Triples by a year .
- Average length at birth is 50 cm .
- Length increases 1 ½ times at 1 year .
Head Circumference :
- Average head circumference at birth is 35 cm .
- Head circumference becomes 45-47 cm by 1 year .
Mid Arm Circumference :
- Average mid - arm circumference at birth is 11-12 cm .
- Mid arm circumference becomes 14-16 cm at 1 year .
For the use of healthcare professionals only, not for distribution to general public.
CVM code: 1661382922030
How did you find the article? Vote Now
NOT SO GOOD